About Region Sörmland
Region Sörmland are working on residents' behalf and are governed by elected politicians who are elected every fourth year. Our main mission is health, medical and dental care as well as regional development.
Information about Covid-19, coronavirus disease
- Information in English: The Public Health Agency of Sweden gathers questions and answers about the new virus on its web site. The information is updated continually.
- Information in several languages about the coronavirus and the disease COVID-19
- Information in several languages about how to avoid infection and infecting others
- Information in several languages about good hand hygiene - how to avoid infection and infecting others
We also have movies in other languages about covid-19 and about keeping the distance.
Information about healthcare
- For life-threatening injuries and illnesses, call 112
- If you want to receive information and advice regarding healthcare, call 1177 or visit 1177.se.You will also find contact information, general information and e-services for health and care online at 1177.se.
What we do
Healthcare is the dominant activity in Region Sörmland. Our mission is to provide high quality public health care on equal terms for the entire population in Sörmland. Region Sörmland coordinates public and private healthcare in Sörmland. Region Sörmland operates both primary care and hospital care.
- coordinate publicly financed dental care in Sörmland, which is provided both public and private
- coordinate regional development issues and lead the work with creating a Regional Development Strategy, RUS.
- coordinate and work closely with many other public and private players to develop trade, and industry and to increase growth in Sörmland.
- plan and coordinate infrastructure initiatives in Sörmland.
- plan, coordinate and purchase public transport in Sörmland.
- provide a wide range of cultural activities in Sörmland.
- provide different types of education.